View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
Coyotes Need A Center; Surplus Defensmen. Make Your Offers

This is basically a thread to see what kind of market we have for our surplus of defensemen. We're log jammed, and nearly bone dry on offense. Whether we try to trade up and try to draft one in this upcoming draft, or acquire immediate, or soon to be ready help in the center position, we have a lot of prospects (mainly defense) that are not untouchable.

Assuming Oliver Ekman-Larsson is the future of our defense, I believe he stays put. Everyone else (and I'll even venture to say that Yandle may have a slim chance) could possibly be had for the right price. So I will list what most believe could be the expendable players, and if you want to make your offer for one, state the player you want your team to acquire, then present your proposal...because there are a lot of assets listed. This does not have to be limited to defenseman, if you want a current forward incleded in a deal, feel free to include them.

Brandon Gormley- Don't expect (or want) him to be moved, but not ruling out the possibilty.
David Rundblad- Same with Gormley
Maxim Goncharov- Very talented offensive defensemen who just cant crack the lineup due to defensive stack up.

Chris Summers- Quick, mobile, smart, offensive minded defenseman who was seasoned well in college. Could see him being a future 2nd pairing guy. Another victim to our log gam on defense.

Connor Murphy- Still young, talented and touted, but was drafted not by need, but by best player available.
Michael Stone- Big, mobile, 2-way defenseman who has a mean offensive mind set. This guys tore it up in the Juniors, could see him being a nice surprise.

Now on to the current roster players: I believe at this time our most untouchable piece on defense would be Klesla. Most may be surprised that I didn't say Yandle, but I believe that teams would want to overpay us for Yandle, and I can't say the same about Klesla. Plus, Klesla is an awesome anchor on the blue line.

Derek Morris- Has always been a solid player for our organization. Great leader, solid defensively, and a clutch offense. This year however, he does not seem to be a good fit with us. I see him as a possible attractive piece at the deadline for a team in search of a reliable defenseman with leadership.

Michal Roszival- Awesome defensively, and an untapped offensive streak. Great positioning, knows when to pinch, and makes good passes. The only thing stopping this guy from being an attractive piece at the deadline would be his contract.

David Schlemko- This guy came out of nowhere. Seriously. We signed as a free agent a whikle ago, and slowly but surely, he became one of our most dark horse players. He is underrated league wide in my opinion. Some people may not even know who he is, but I guarantee opposing GM's do. If I could compare him anyone, I would compare him to a poor man's Mike Green. My reasoning is because he is obvioulsy not as talented as Green, but he jumps into the play like no other. He comes out of nowhere and will just surprise the hell out of you. I believe that with more recognition this guy's talent would be well known.

Adrian Aucoin- Perfect deadline guy. Great defensivley, chips in with offense, smart passer, and great leader with an affordable expiring contract at season's end. I could see him being moved.

Last, but certainly not least..

Keith Yandle- I don't want him moved. I don't believe managment wants him moved, and I'm sure he is very content in Phoenix seeing as he signed a team friendly 6 year contract over the summer, but there could always be that one team who is willing to overpay, and it could be a deal too good to pass up. I'll say it again, I don't think he's going anywhere and nor do I want him to, I believe he is our future captain after doan retires, but if you feel your team needs him, and had the assetts to acquire him, then feel free to post your proposal.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote