View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 08:59 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Well, you can't really blame them 100%. Cunneyworth was new to the team and didnt really have a chance to learn much french despite being the next in line. We've agreed in the past so we'll keep it sort. It's not particularly necessary to have a french speaking coach, but having a guy who can speak basic french, the bonjour, merci and so on would be much appreciated by the population. I think they threw Cunneyworth in the fire there and it was a rough situation. Granted, he has been given a chance to perform and show his knowledge as a head coach in the NHL so he's happy but I think a little back up for Cunneyworth or a little bit of a press conference addressing the situation asap would've aided all this earlier. If they gave cunneyworth a chance to say bonjour, merci and his one liners asap, I think the storm would've been much less dramatic. Sure, i'm assuming here, but I think there's a lot of poor PR work here. As much as I disagree with entire situation, they did not do their homework and they should've addressed situation as soon as possible and as professionally as possible.
that's what I'm referring to. If you know the market your team plays in then you know it can easily create a storm... so you prepare for it...

not wait for the owner to issue a statement afterwards, and then Gauthier talking about it to try to calm everyone later on...

come on... Molson is a Montrealer, his family owned the team years ago, Gauthier is french speaking... it's not like they werent aware of the potential storm...

I mean, even American owner Gillett and Ontarian GM Gainey knew better...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote