View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 09:56 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestaruus View Post
I don't think Mikko would mind playing in the wing if he has the chance to play with Saku. That would make Mikko supermotivated for sure! One of his last & possibly only chances to play with his brother.
Strange logic. There's never been nothing wrong with either Koivu's motivation, no matter who else has been on the team. Besides, both are natural centres to a boot. While it's evident that in the modern hockey the shoehorned centre/winger divide isn't as clear-cut as it used to be, I'd still say neither of these will revert to wing unless it's an emergency.

I think Shedden offered the Koivu Bros a chance to play in the same unit back in 2008. Both said "thanks, but no thanks".

Quote:
Extra forwards: Kontiola,Hartikainen, Armia
Armia certainly has all the raw talent he needs to be a superstar, but not the refinement yet, especially to execute the game plan of someone like Jalonen. Don't get me wrong, I like his heatleylike demeanor, but he still sort of lacks vision. I'd rather see what someone like Pulkkinen could do under a proper coach (in NT, I mean).

Granted, it's not like you placed him straight into the team, but he's still pretty far down on the list even as far as those in consideration go. Would love to see him pull some EHT duty though, if only to see how far off the mark my current analysis of him is.

Quote:
Also everyone that leaves Karalahti out of the roster is crazy.
Bwuh? This season: mediocre stats in a mediocre team. Though again, he's one of the guys I do like and think he might perform quite well especially when compared to those usual lower-tier names Jalonen seems to have a hard-on for, but making statements like these require a LOT of elaboration to buy people over.