View Single Post
Old
12-31-2005, 01:30 PM
swinginutter*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
I don't pay to see the best players perform. I pay to see the Kings win.

I don't think players like Cammy (young and still learning) need to be given the reigns to do what they do best. They need to learn what they DON'T do best, so they can become more complete and more useful NHL players.

If Cammy on the fourth line is just plain ridiculous, what about Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the fourth line? Do you think Scotty Bowman was being ridiculous? What about Zherdev? Gaborik? How about Brendan Morrison on the 3rd line? Benching Lecavalier? Is Cammy really SO far above those guys, that he is above being demoted or benched?
Points well taken. But the rules you're mentioning above need to be applied to all. Frolov hasn't scored in fifteen games........Is he getting demoted? Same goes for Brownie. You can come back with the cliche of "they bring more to the table" than just scoring........and then I can ask you what are they paid to do? Cammy is a scorer...plain and simple. I hope that he's learned in the past couple of years how to round out his whole game.
Corvo scores goals and he gets rewarded with more time, and moves up on PP units. Does Cammy deserve the same at this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidA.Rainer
It's not that Cammy couldn't produce. Everyone knew he could. But it's about doing it the right way. And you have to do it the right way in practice before the coaches are going to allow you to do it in a game.

The best analogy I can think of is in baseball. Hotshot prospects come up all the time in baseball. Some of them can really mash. But if you don't work on the little things in practice - hitting the cut-off, making the right turns on the basepaths, being in the right spot in the field, etc. - the coach is not going to give you much playing time. You have to earn it in practice to be able to show it in a game. Cammy could mash, but he never really showed he could hit the cut-off man.
Doing it the right way? I'm sorry how many right ways can you score. I don't care if you head it in or kick a pass to somebody. Scoring is scoring no matter how you look at it. This game that we all love is simply not just X's and O's. Maybe he wasn't doing it AM's way and thats all. I mean have you ever seen Brady Murray play the game? What's the difference?
As for your baseball analogies...........i'm not trying to be a punk, but i've never been in to baseball, so I don't really get it. It's one of the lamest and most boring sports ever. Just my opinion though..........don't mean to offend anyone. Especially the ones that think soccer is more boring.