View Single Post
Old
01-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Right, like Kaberle and Bourque... I can't wait to see what they do when they hit their prime.

I think Turris was too good for us to have ignored. He's got franchise center potential and we desperately need this.

I get that he would be a gamble and I know that he hasn't done much but the situation for him over there was very messed up. He's the kind of guy that we should be taking chances on. Maybe he'll never reach his potential and maybe he'll be a bust but I can't help but think that he's going to be really good and I'm going to be upset watching him develop in Ottawa knowing we could've taken a better shot at him. If we're going to gamble it's got to be on prospects like Turris with huge upside rather than vets like Bourque who've already shown themselves to be inconsistent.

And before anyone yells 'hindsight is 20/20" I was saying this back when Turris was available.

As for what Phoenix would've accepted... I don't know. They took a prospect and a 2nd round pick for him. Maybe we could've offered a vet and a 2nd. I'm not sure where their heads are at. I just feel like a prospect like Turris was worth taking the risk on. We need to start making these kinds of moves. Some will pan out and some won't. But it's unacceptable for us not to try.
Turris had no more upside than Plekanec or Eller. If we are to make a tarde for a center it has to be better than what we have. What's the point of Having Turris or Eller on the 4th line.

You're ridiculous, you look at one trade and say we're not getting younger. The Cammalleri trade made us younger, Bourque is the same age, but we gained 2.7 mil cap room PLUS a 2nd and a solid prospect. 2 weeks ago most people would ahve been ecstatic at a 2nd and a solid prospect.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote