View Single Post
Old
01-21-2012, 12:21 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Well, he hasn't been very consistent...a lot of those points were very early in the season. In the last 30 games or so, he has 7 points, while playing mostly top-six minutes, while being outproduced by guys like Tim Stapleton, and Wellwood, other guys who might be considered 4th liners on other teams. Despite Stapleton averaging only around 10 minutes. I stand by the 'not a top six' statement.

Though granted the Jets themselves haven't been all that consistent.

He is progressing, albeit slowly. I don't see a break-out year, until his 4th or 5th season.
Wellwood isn't a fair comparison. He's third on the team in scoring

Burmistrov has been very disappointing after a good start to the season. He still has tremendous potential but it's almost painful to watch his offensive play at times. He doesn't seem to be making good passes when he has the puck and he doesn't seem to get open when he doesn't. It looks like a lack of confidence at this point. He's got a ton of skill and the effort is always clearly there so I still believe he'll turn it around. Having some offensively capable linemates to work with and not being bounced around to a different line every night would be helpful.

With Kane out, hopefully Ladd moves up and Burmi can play beside Antropov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungman View Post
No Kane or Stapleton at practice, Cormier's stall set up in dressing room.
This team cannot stay healthy. First Little was hurt, then Wheeler, now Kane. Losing Stapleton also hurts, particularly the PP. It's lucky that Bogosian is back now, otherwise Jones or Stuart would be playing the PP