Thread: Confirmed with Link: Nashville claims Brandon Yip off waivers
View Single Post
Old
01-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Based on everything colorado fans have said, Yip sucks too. Considering he has only played in 10 games this season, been a scratch for most and has ZERO points, its hard for me to say that Yip doesn't suck too. He was waived afterall.

Jon, I would hardly say Yip is on his way up considering his career high for points is 22 and he has ZERO this season. He is 26, I am not sure he is going to get much better than he already is. Plus he is a very slow skater by all accounts, not sure how he is going to fit into our very fast style.

I understand Poni has sucked since he left Toronto, its not like I ignored that huge detail when I looked at his stats, but the guy has size and when he wants to a better shot. Trotz usually gets the most out of those kinds of guys and motivates them. Again, I agree to disagree with y'all here.
Having watched a lot of both players, I don't hesitate to say I would gladly take Yip. Ponikarovsky failed to perform alongside the likes of Crosby and Malkin, was relegated to the bottom lines on a Kings team with virtually no scoring wingers (and I like the guy, but he was awful), and has continued to struggle in Carolina. He may have better physical tools (arguable), but he plays very small, and can't create anything offensively. Yip has a lot more potential upside at this point, and cost us nothing. Good no-risk move, IMO.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote