View Single Post
Old
12-31-2005, 05:38 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
Dulzhok I find it amazing that you will give PK and his 4.5 million a free pass but Legwand and his 1.something million get railed every game.
Simple... Kariya is making things happen offensively on a consistent basis. That's what a scoringline player does. Like I said, I'd like to see for him to bury a few more chances.

Evaluating salaries isn't a simple as "oh, he gets paid 1 million and had 30 points, so someone getting paid 4 million should have 120 points" (as you implied above).

Kariya is getting paid "star" money (not superstar money). He's scoring a point-per-game clip. That's on pace with what a "star" player should be scoring. But like a said, he's capable of more and I expect more out of him before the season is over.

But he's helped our teams in other ways than just scoring at a point-per-game pace. He's really opened the door for Sullivan to do as well as he's doing. Without Kariya, opposing defenses would be zero-ing in on Sullivan and limiting his effectivness. Playing on sepearte lines at ES, we are rolling scoringline 1A and scoringline 1B. Opposing coaches don't know who to match up their best defensive players with. On the powerplay, we have weapons all around, and defenses can't zero in on just Sullivan. Our record isn't where it is without Kariya, however I do still expect a tad more.