View Single Post
Old
01-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Uh guys, Burmistrov is not in any way deserving of that open first line spot right now, nor is Fehr mind you, but in no way should it just be given to Burmi.

Ice time is earned, not granted. About all that Burmistrov can be counted upon for right now is the occasional soft giveaway. The IC boys were theorizing on radio today that his production declined when he stopped playing with Antropov, but in actuality, Burmistrov's production fell off the map at the exact same time that the Jets forwards were required to begin checking/trapping in the neutral zone. He looked great while the Jets were freelancing over the first 10 or so games, but he has basically been invisible since.

He is super talented, is a great penalty killer at times, and makes the odd very defensively responsible play in the Jets zone, but in no way is he ready for #1 line duty. His puck management is quite poor; he makes poor decisions with the puck. In no way is he ready for top 6 duty.
With this team he is more than worthy of top 6 duty.

The fact is this team has basically 1 line that gives consistent scoring chances and that's about it.

Right now we have 3 forwards who were performing at a very high level early in the season and since they have been separated have performed at a subpar pace.

Logic would state that you go back to what worked to bring these 3 back, which is pairing them together. It wouldn't be the first line because I believe that should go to Ladd, Little and Wheeler.

If top 6 ice is really earned by this coaching staff then how can we constitute Eric Fehr being placed there, the only reason I can see for that is to get his game going. But imo I would prefer the chances of getting 3 forwards going rather than 1.