View Single Post
Old
01-21-2012, 03:09 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
In many ways, I love that he is pissing off the whole league. I just don't like the way he is going about it.

Look..I am probably the biggest Subban fan there is. I have followed the kid since he was in the GTHL and specifically with the Bulls as I was a season ticket holder his entire time in Belleville. I love him as a player and a person after going to school with him. He is one of the nicest guys off the ice..but on the ice..he is a ****** bag, and sometimes in the best way possible.

Part of the reason he does stuff like this and makes mistakes is that he gets so jacked up and when the team isn't doing good, he feels it is his job to unite the team and do whatever possible to get them back in it. Unfortunately, he has to learn this isn't Belleville. He could do that there..and at times he can do it here. But he needs to bring back the energy just a tad so he isn't crossing the line with his aggressiveness and where he is being efficient rather than flashy.

However, those who feel he hasn't improved clearly don't remember his defensive play at times when he came up and before the pro's. He is light-years ahead of where he used to be in his own end. He makes some stupid mistakes sometimes, but that is to be expected. He is young, playing way more minutes than he should be, AGAINST THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE.

If you told me four years ago that he would be on the penalty-kill for the Habs at 22 years old I would have laughed so hard...

I love the guy and it's that the reason why we need this slewfooting and **** out of the game. Throw a big hit, talk trash...I'm fine with that. But he never should have to resort to dirty play..he never was that type of player before, and I don't want to see him become that player and have that reputation. He is way too talented to be another Matt Cooke or Sean Avery or whoever..

Anyway, those who want to trade him..it would be one of the biggest mistakes in this teams history UNLESS you get an insane package back with a superstar or one in the making. This kid will harness that ability one day and as he becomes more mature, he will prove to be a much more effective player overall. That's all I have to say. I try to stay out of this crap cause I am as biased as anyone..but I know that when he hits his prime..hell next year if he plays fantastic again..the same people like Young Gun and others who want to see him gone, will basically be on his dick riding along all the way to the playoffs.
Great post.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote