View Single Post
Old
01-21-2012, 03:15 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Markov has been here how long?

How much playoff success we had with a healthy one?

I just find it hard to buy into that...that Gauthier's excuse too.
You're of the camp that because we have not won a cup with Markov around, that Markov is either the problem or not helpful in being better. Could it be that in all those years there were OTHER reasons we didn't go farther, i.e. we did that well BECAUSE of Markov not despite him. People talk of playoff success in terms of points. Yeah, he's a guy that puts them up, but he is great at other things, one of them not having a rookie be on your top pairing in the 2010 playoffs. Against Philly, you don't think we could have used him on the PP?

I stand by Gauthier when it comes to Markov. So thankful he is still a Hab (yes, for next year and the year after). We talk about not having or developing elite talent, well he's something, like Price that emerged from sucking way worse than we do now (and that's just this season). He's still got the goods and he will deliver, as will Price, as will Subban, as will Pleks when the team gets refocussed and put in a position to win. We're not that far. Anomalies like this year throw analyses off disproportionately.

Why isn't there an article about how Tampa went from the ECF to...this (well, I'm sure there are actually)? Yzerman and Boucher the dream team in their second year (probably a more telling one) doing so poorly. What's the deal with Washington? How did the Blues turn everything around so quickly (everyone knows it just took one coach)? The Sens re-tooling in one season.

We are in a better position than a lot of teams looking towards the future. We just need to stop the internal hate. People see things differently and will blame different aspects of the team. I just see a season gone bad and a team that's not hard to fix. Develop the young guys in the coming years and we're good to go. Even if PG was staying I would trust him with getting us to a better place.

The night is always darkest before the dawn, but the dawn is coming...
- Harvey Dent

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote