View Single Post
Old
01-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I'd say Loktionov has been a nice surprise. As has the development of Kozun. 5th and 6th rounders right there.

A-mart was a 4th as well.

It's all in how you look at it.

And you have to remember guys like Shaw, and Grabner...they only got their chances because A) Injuries and B) playing for an incredibly thin team in depth.

We haven't had to deal with any of that stuff in the last 2-3 seasons. We've remained relatively healthy and have had one of the deeper lineups in the league.

Grabner was a score for sure. But remember, I am sure he was on A LOT of teams radar when he got waived by Florida. NYI was dead last and had first shot and they picked him.

Maybe if we were dead last and didn't have the depth you would be seeing surprises like Vey or Kozun already in the NHL.

Until then I am satisfied with letting our guys develop games in the minors rather then "surprising" us on a part time fill in role during an injury call-up.
That's very true. Lokti has been a nice surprise...the numbers aren't there yet, but he's looking very good, especially for a 5th. Martinez has been great, I'm a huge fan, but DL kind of pimped him after picking him. He was less of a 'surprise' I guess, but has been av ery good player.

Very good points though. I guess, in a way, we're sort of fortunate to not have to rely on some surprise takeovers, but I'm really hoping that one of these training camps, a top-sixer will emerge and rip a spot from someone.

I haven't been able to follow Manchester (or juniors) closely this year, unfortunately.