View Single Post
Old
01-21-2012, 04:28 PM
518NYRfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post
Thanks for the info. What's the flooding problem like? I know the county is prone to flooding, but the city itself? I'm sure I'll be getting center ice or game center for hockey, I can't live without Ducks hockey.

Any hockey rinks in the are? I play in the top divisions in the adult leagues here in California and I'd hate to go somewhere that doesn't have a place to play.
city really doesnt flood at all. nothing to worry about in that regard.
plenty of rinks around. probably 15 or so i can think of off the top of my head within a 20 minute drive radius of downtown schenectady. with union college, rpi, and various stand alone rinks all easily accessible. lots of open hockey and leagues to join. i played when i was a bit younger in the NEMHL midget league (15-18) so ive probably played in the vast majority of the rinks in the area. albany devils games can be seen very cheaply (like 15$ a ticket) and the NJ devils are usually in town for pre-season hockey as well. (im a Rangers fan EFF the devils lol.) Overall its a decent area but its not city life.. pretty laid back. traffic probably isnt anything like california rush hour but it can be annoying at times. any other questions then fire away.

518NYRfan is offline   Reply With Quote