View Single Post
Old
01-21-2012, 06:10 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Plainview View Post
Some of these people have become very defensive from all the over the top hate the Bruins get these days

And some are just dumb. What can you do?
Funny--we had a discussion a couple days ago about a key Rangers prospect Dylan McIlrath who freight trained another player up high in a recent WHL game. I like McIlrath's mean game--he's just about a defenseman's version of Milan Lucic--but IMO that was a bad hit and he deserves the suspension he's got.

I think Ference deserves one as well--the length of which may depend somewhat on whether or not McDonagh is concussed. I think if he is--it should be at least 5 games. I don't think Ference is particularly a dirty player--that sometimes these things do happen but when and if you're the perpetrator you need to be held accountable.

It was a real good game until that point. That really marred it in my eyes. Losing McDonagh for any length of time is going to hurt the Rangers badly. I read somewhere that he had over 30 minutes TOI in this game and he's been playing 25 minutes or more very regularly and is a +15. A really good player who should be one of the best D in the league in the next several years.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote