View Single Post
Old
01-21-2012, 05:45 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
And look how far we have fallen in just two years.

All we want is a new perspective in Montreal. Gainey/Gauthier has proven to be a major failure and we are fast approaching the 10 year anniversary of Gainey's arrival in power and he is still here advising his pal Gauthier.

I am forever optimistic regarding the Habs. That optimism is taking a beating by the leadership that this team has after seeing reactionary moves and trades that end up leaving us little to nothing.

Enough already. I want us to have a competitive team like the Red Wings. The Canadiens generate $38 million a year more revenue than the Wings and operating income is $31 million a year more for the Habs...................and we sit by and watch the Red Wings thrive and the Habs flounder.
How far HAVE we fallen?

Last year we were pretty good IMO if you add Markov. It was still a step in the right direction.

I agree with you about the new outlook, but I guess what I'm saying is that it's already there, but we're putting everything under a microscope which prevents us from seeing that it's actually happening.

Cole
Eller
Pacioretty
DD
Emelin
Diaz

Bourque

These are all additions to the team which made us better or players who improved their impact factor/continued to rise (patches after the injury)

We've already gotten considerably bigger. Now we have to figure out the defence and get a little bit more rounded scoring. Leblanc is going to develop quite fast IMO. Tinordi will still take time, Beaulieu even longer, but my point is that I think the organization now knows what it has to do. A lot of other teams are also re-calibrating their recipes for success. PG is not as bad as he is made out to be. The only thing I'm a little unsure of is the Kaberle thing. Otherwise I think he's made very good moves. If he had done any less it would have been tanking in the previous season. I think we're building for the future, and honestly a real strong team could be as soon as next year.

I think we agree about what we want, but differ in our evaluation of the current management's capacity to deliver it.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote