Thread: Ziggy Palffy
View Single Post
Old
12-31-2005, 10:38 PM
swinginutter*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
You'd rather have Jokinen over Richards? I like Olli as well, but Richards is younger and has a Conn Smythe under his belt. He can also man the point on the PP and is one of the best playmakers in the game and also has quite an underrated shot as well (and contrary to popular belief, Richards takes a lot of shots on goal).

Richards registered 62 points his first two seasons in the league and in 03-04 had 26 goals and 79 points in 82 games. He had 26 points in 24 games in the playoffs to win the Conn Smythe.

I think Brad has been playing in the shadow of Lecavalier ever since their days as teammates on the Oceanic. Richards has always been considered to be Lecavalier's teammate. Tampa Bay might have some difficulty retaining Richards and a lot of teams will be lining up with offers to Jay Feaster during the off-season.

Jokinen is having a great season and I was disappointed when the Kings had to add him to acquire Palffy, and I'd be happy to have either Olli or Richards. But if I had a choice, it would have to be Richards. He's the type of player that makes his teammates around him better.
Your points are well taken. I'd learn to like Richards real fast, and would be happy. But I do like Jokinen's hard style. **** i'd be happy if we make any kind of push for either of the two.....As for Richards accolades, I know all about em'. He had an unbelievable post-season, and i'm glad he was recognized over St. Louis.