Thread: Speculation: 2011 Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part 4
View Single Post
Old
01-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
wideman lead nhl defensemen in ppg's last season. he was not a reclaimation project. the reclaimation projects i think he is talking about are ovechkin, semin, and green among others.

that was my point. so many of the caps most important players are struggling to find their game. you can add carlson to that. here you want to add another struggling defenseman to the caps top 4 d. it doesnt make sense.

like i said, what this team needs to add are players playing well with confidence in their game and their head screwed on straight.
Teams were crying out for OFDs last year, yet Florida had to trade him in the division for a song and a dance. Columbus signed Wisniewski for 5.5 million front loaded to fix their powerplay. You don't think they'd have given up a 3rd and a random guy off the street if they thought Wideman was legit?

Players with confidence. Well, I guess there's 2 classes. Star players or regular solid NHLers. You know how much star players cost. I don't see trading for any in the cards. If you think a regular confident and successful player is gonna fare any better than Knuble or Vokoun or Brouwer or Hamrlik upon coming here, I don't know what to say. If anything I can see them wilting under pressure of having to be Mr. Perfect for a dysfunctional team. Wideman came in with what I'd imagine to be pretty low confidence (-20whatever is pretty disheartening), virtually no pressure and has been killing it just playing to his instincts.