View Single Post
Old
11-08-2003, 07:14 AM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I don't believe we need a superstar to be successful. What we need is our prospects to turn out and the patience to wait for that to happen.
If Perezhogin and Kastitsyn can become top 6 forwards (and Higgins becomes a good top 6-9) and Komisarek and Hainsey can become top 4 defensemen I beleive we will be just fine. Now if the prospects don't pan out, we could be in for a longer haul.
To win Stanley Cups you need more than anything a good goalie, or a goalie who can get hot enough for 4 rounds and hold you in every game. I still believe that Theodore can do that for us. If we could ice a solid d unit night in and night out that would help alot. You also need a forward group that can suceed regardless of what kind of game is being played. A good balance of scoring and defensive responsiblity can accomplish this.
As usual Darz you are thinking the same thing as I am and took the words right out of my mouth.

Balance is what Montreal is building here and if Kats, Higgins or anyone else turns out to be a "Franchise" or "Star" player all the better, the pieces of the puzzle are all there it's just up to the kids to make that next step...management is patient and is willing to make this work. Nothing drastic or major is going to happen in the way of a trade at this stage of our re-building.