Thread: Speculation: The Curse of St-Patrick
View Single Post
Old
01-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

vCash: 500
The Curse of St-Patrick

Similar to the "Curse of the Bambino,", when Babe Ruth was sold because ownership needed money, I fear the Canadiens may have succumbed to the Curse of Patrick Roy.

Over the years, since that dreadful day in the 95'-96' season, we've had some of the the most infamous stories of defeat, collapse... near misses.

From the dark years... 98'-99'-00', the first times the storied Montreal Canadiens missed the playoffs, first time in 59 years. Then they missed it for a second consecutive season, first time since 1922. They then went on to miss them 3 times in a row. Only happened 2 times in their 100 years of existence. All this is only the beginning.

Saku Koivu, the heart and soul of the Canadiens at that time, diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

All-star vezina winning trophy goalie, comes to camp out of shape, later traded.

Lock out.

Saku Koivu's eye when up 3-0 in playoff series.

Maple leafs keep us out of the playoffs.

Markov's knee.

Pacioretty stanchion.

Wholesale of the team, completely renovated. Clean up. People are once again hopeful... and now, that hope is lost.

There's only one solution my HF friends, and its simple. We need to bring back the passion that Patrick Roy brought, and once again have the hockey Gods on our side.

Reverse the curse.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote