View Single Post
Old
01-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Nex06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Been a big fan of Sutter but disagree with his move tonight. At first he seem to be doing the right thing by first demoting Stoll and then appearing to bench him... But he put his useless ass on the power play and sure as pig happy in ****. He takes a penalty.

Listen guys. Stoll isn't gonna get traded. Who wants a pending UFA who's is playing like crap? (same goes for the trade Penner folks, although Penner has been much better of late). As we all know DL NEEDS to get a top 6 right winger for the 2nd line. That's the biggest hole on the team! (then we need to get some with some ability to score goals for the 3rd line) and I think this team is in very good shape then.

As far as I'm concerned Loktionov has already taken Stoll roster spot. If we can make some decent trades before the deadline I'd be fine with putting him on waivers and eating whatever little left we have to pay him.
I agree with you 100%. I said something similar last time when Sutter put Stoll on the last PK and it costed us.

This stuff happens because of his philosophy : best players don't need to play, I will "reward" players who hustle. He should stop "rewarding" Stoll during last 5 minutes.

By now I think it's perfectly clear that Sutter has couple of favorite players: Stoll and Richards, and Clifford to some extent. What these players have in common seems to be only their hustling on the ice. After all Richards is one of the smartest Kings players and Stoll is one of the most stupid. It does however bother me that both of them are Kings leaders when it comes to taking stupid penalties. Stoll is an idiot with a below average talent so I understand that part. But Richards should know better. When our PK was invincible, their penalties were less harmful (but still they were bad because the players were losing energy on PK and they were less fresh for 5-on-5 offense). Now, when the PK is back to normal, the stupid penalties cost us POINTS!

The Kings MVP among skaters ("and it's not even close") needs to get his line going, we NEED that line. Kopitar had a guy following him whole game, since they know who is dangerous. And that line was STILL playing well and could have scored two more goals.

As someone said, the players are now back in comfort zone after the coaching change, and that's especially true for players like Penner.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote