View Single Post
Old
01-22-2012, 02:03 AM
Stats01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj24 View Post
Can someone fill me in on Holzer? Is he offensive, defensive, or two-way? I don't get to watch many marlie games and have only seen him play in a couple pre season games. Heard nothing but good things though.
6ft3(he looks more like 6ft4) big guy who plays a solid defensive game, will make a solid break out pass, he won't stun you with any type of offensive game but man he is a bull defensively, and as you saw today he's not scared to drop the gloves. He's ready for the NHL, and like I said last week, he can fill into Schenn's spot right now if he was dealt tomorrow. Another great thing, unlike Schenn Holzer knows what kind of defenseman he is, he won't try to rush the puck up the ice often and get caught, he's one of our better positionally aware D-men at any level in our organization. He's really opened up my eyes this year, he's quietly developed into a solid solid prospect. I may be a bit over the top here but if he gets a shot with the Leafs or any NHL club this year or next, I really believe he could become a top 4 guy. That's the max potential he has IMO.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote