View Single Post
Old
01-22-2012, 02:20 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Tonight's game at Staples (Colorado, January 21) was by far the worst game all year in regards to fan etiquette.

This is my first year as a season ticket holder, although I have also attended many games in the past. When I landed aisle seats, I thought I was in luck.

Boy, was I ever wrong. Sitting on the aisle, I have to constantly get up for those casual fans who, it seems, come to the games solely to drink golden liquid that passes for beer at Staples and then piss it away throughout the game.

These fans, apparently, have no idea that you aren't supposed to leave and arrive while the puck is in play. It hadn't happened all year, perhaps because the Kings scoring is at all-time lows, and their defense is damn good, but it happened tonight: I missed a goal because I was having to get up for the umpteeth time so some drunk can go piss his beer away.

There are so many fools in the aisle during the game now its becoming intolerable. My son is fed up. It is definitely time to move my seats and upgrade; unfortunately, I think I am stuck in these seats for the remainder of the season...but I will check with Guest Services on Monday night.

In any event, I will be upgrading next season. Middle of the section, TV side, lower in the arena. Sure, it will cost me a small fortune, but it's gotta be better than this bull-****.

I know someone complained about this on Kings Talk one night about fans who don't honor the etiquette, and Nick missed the point: he said the Kings have been in southern California for 45 years, you think the fans would know it by now. But its not us oldtimers or the serious fans; its the casual fans who don't know offsides from icing and seemingly only come to games to get wasted and couldn't give two ***** whether anyone cared about their behavior or not.

I think the Staples announcer accommodated us frustrated fans one time all year by making an announcement. They really should announce it throughout the game so these numbskulls might learn something.

Well, rant is over. Just wondered if any of you have had the same experience as I have had this season. Or if you have noticed trends that I cannot attest to.
If they make the announcement they make it right before warmups which is when absolutely no one is in their seats.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote