View Single Post
Old
01-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
The frustration is going far beyond just today. Ever since Nov 19, they've played 30 games and won 5 games decisively (by at least 2 goals). Those games were:

11/28 San Jose 2-0
12/28 Chicago 2-0
12/31 Vancouver 4-1
1/9 Washington 5-2
1/14 Calgary 4-1
http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule...-angeles-kings

Hell at this point, I'll even count the empty net goals. You're telling me that with our record, we should be comfortable with how our team is playing?
Not saying that, but "it is what it is." We all bought into "The Time Is Now" and drank the kool-aid, but I knew that was a farce about 20 games ago.

The bottom line is this: I saw three of those games in person (11/28, 12/31, and 1/9). They were all a blast. The Kings came with GREAT EFFORT in all three, and they were ball-busters in every one of those games. That is what I paid season seats for, those kinds of games.

They haven't done it consistently (obviously). So what is left to wonder? Bottom line, every team has some great games during the year. They can't do it every night because they don't have the talent level or cohesiveness to do it every night, enough said.

So I have settled for what we really are: a 7th seed playoff team. Now, maybe I am still drinking the kool-aid at a certain level, because I think we can really be trouble for that 2nd seed (and hopefully beyond), but the bottom line is we need a scorer and we need one now.

Otherwise, I think its "one and done" again this year.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote