View Single Post
Old
01-22-2012, 09:48 AM
AlMo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
When Clarke MacArthur signed on with the Maple Leafs in the off-season, I think most of us were very happy with securing him down.

He was just coming off of a great year - one that not only did he beat his career highs, but he crushed them.

This year - he's struggled. Now I know he's still on pace for a good goal return, but what he's on pace for, and what he's actually going to get, are two very different things. He doesn't look right now, like he's a player capable of getting more than 20 goals (he's on 12 right now).

So my question is simple:

Is Clarke MacArthur simply suffering a similar sort of slump that the likes of Nikolai Kulemin is? Is the player that we saw last year the real Clarke? Most people believe Kulemin is exponentially better than what we've seen this year (me included).

Or was last year just a one-off year where everything went right for Mac, and this is more in-line with what the real-Clarke is?
Mac is a one season wonder imo. I think many got a little carried away with Mac's production last season. If Mac scores you 20 goals, consider it good production. 15g-35points is about where he is. Now that he makes over 3 million a season, he will be more difficult to move. Mac isn't a bad player, but his contract will demand more than what eh can give you.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote