View Single Post
Old
01-22-2012, 10:17 AM
hockeyfanz*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
When Clarke MacArthur signed on with the Maple Leafs in the off-season, I think most of us were very happy with securing him down.

He was just coming off of a great year - one that not only did he beat his career highs, but he crushed them.

This year - he's struggled. Now I know he's still on pace for a good goal return, but what he's on pace for, and what he's actually going to get, are two very different things. He doesn't look right now, like he's a player capable of getting more than 20 goals (he's on 12 right now).

So my question is simple:

Is Clarke MacArthur simply suffering a similar sort of slump that the likes of Nikolai Kulemin is? Is the player that we saw last year the real Clarke? Most people believe Kulemin is exponentially better than what we've seen this year (me included).

Or was last year just a one-off year where everything went right for Mac, and this is more in-line with what the real-Clarke is?
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if last year were career years for all three of MacArthur, Grabovski and Kulemin....They had a brilliant year where everything clicked for them and they were a dominant line. I don't think any of the three players are as good singularly and this year not as good collectively.....nor may they never be as good collectively again. I think Grabovski has the potential to hit 60 points again but MacArthur I think is pretty much a 20 goal guy and maybe 50 pts...Kulemin is a mystery....but he should be able to put up similiar numbers to MacA with a much better defensive game. I'd trade any of the 3 players in a package deal for a powerforward or centerman without hesitation.

hockeyfanz* is offline   Reply With Quote