View Single Post
Old
01-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Really liked this on Galchenyuk, from an article that talks about a bunch of the OHL prospects, done as an interview with the head guy from McKeens

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/201...e-guru_19.html

Quote:
BO: "Hypothetically speaking, if Alex Galchenyuk doesn’t tear up his knee, does he compete with Nail (and Grigerenko for that matter) for first overall?"

DB: "I have an advantage as I was part of the scouting staff in Sarnia that drafted Alex first overall and saw him play quite often as a member of the Chicago Young Americans and last year in his OHL rookie season. Galchenyuk has elite skills and marries it with a competitive streak that is unrivalled by his peers. In addition to his scoring exploits, as he was the highest scoring 94 in the OHL last season with 83 points in all 68 games, he is an incredibly smart-two player. He simply hates to loose and his training regime is second to none as he is very committed off ice. There is speculation that he may return at the end of February as he is rehabbing his knee twice a day and making special trips to London for treatment. Should he return it would be great for the Sting and the league as he is worth the price of admission."

BO: "So with that in mind, just where do you stand on Galchenyuk? If you’re an NHL team with a top 10 pick, do you draft him?"

DB: "Brett Connolly only played 15 games in his NHL draft year and was selected 6th overall by Tampa. Should Galchenyuk fall outside the top 10, I think one team gets an absolute steal. Galchenyuk had only an average Ivan Hlinka tournament but his accomplishments from last year and his high character level should be enough for him to fall inside the top 10. I know that we will not take him outside of our top 10 ranking and NHL teams that are picking in that range will be keeping close tabs on his recovery."