View Single Post
Old
01-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
You have a hard time understanding basic stuff because you can't set realistic returns for our players. Cammy would never bring a 1st or a top prospect. Turris...LOL Ottawa had to give Runblad, not an overpaid lazy unidimensial bum like Cammy.

Of course the Cammy trade was a good trade and a good youth movement trade. We got a 2nd and a decent prospect + cap space + a decent NHL winger.

Be more realistic and PGs trades won't looka s bad, in fact, most of them have been good except the Kaberle one. Only trade I hate but I understand why it was made. They'll buy him out worse case scenario.
I think Cammy probably wouldn't have fetched him either man. Like I said above, based on what Phoenix took it appears as though they wanted a prospect. I would've loved to have gone the vet route but you might be (and probably are) right that we'd have had to go the prospect route.

I actually would've been okay with dealing one of our defensive prospects for him though. Again, our weakness is at center and Turris (while not without risk) is still a great prospect with more upside than anyone we have. Maybe it could've been a combination of vets and prospects whatever...

My overall point is that we don't seem to go after these kinds of players with the same kind of vigour that we do for vets.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote