View Single Post
Old
01-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Gorges is our MVP when it comes to shutdown defence, in offence however far from MVP. Pacioretty is exceeding in expectation and has proven he's an all around great forward. Plecanek is this team's best all around player, don't kid yourselves. The only reason he's not an MVP is bad coaching by not using him properly. Put him with Cole and Pacioretty and I guarantee he leads the team in points and it won't be even close.
If you want the real MVP of the team, I would say its tied between Cole and Price, maybe giving an edge to Cole.
As for Desharnais, I don't think he's an MVP. When you are put with the best players game after game, put in the best spots on the ice for faceoffs, put on a power play unit as the number 1 center, you better get some points. Forget salary for a second and look at it the way it is. Most centers in the NHL would have equal or better production if they were put in Desharnais' spot.
It is Desharnais' first complete season in the NHL and he currently ranks 29th amongst ALL the NHL centermen in terms of production. He does it for a 0,850M$ cap hit.

Ref.: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...=nav-sts-indiv

And why should I forget salary... is it because you don't like Desharnais?

That being mentioned, I think our biggest PP problem is the incapacity of guys like Subban, Weber and Diaz... to hit the net with regularity from the point.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote