View Single Post
Old
01-22-2012, 06:21 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
Emelin and Diaz should be our 3rd pair next year. They play well together and Emelin brings that physical Dman that can play PK while Diaz is the offensive Dman that can play PP.

Add Markov (hopefully), Gorges and Subban and we are only missing 1 solid righthanded Dman for next year. My dream being Weber this summer.

Markov-Weber
Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Diaz

Price

A team built like that does not need a big center. Besides, we can't have Weber and a star center like Staal or Getzlaf, and I prefer having Weber.
You've read my mind... more or less. I think the return of Markov would be a bonus so I think we need to have a plan B. It's too bad that Brendon Nash has been injured all year. He looked like he had the poise to play in the NHL and just needed a little more experience. Counting on him now would be a big gamble.

But I am all for adding a big, rugged RH d-man. Weber is probably out of our reach considering our salary commitments and the FA's on the team that we need to sign. Looking at a 2nd tier defenseman that fits that profile might be more feasible.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote