View Single Post
Old
01-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Rubbers29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb View Post
Another 6 points in 3 games, but some things worth reflecting on:

On the one hand, I like that the Knights were able to pull out wins when it counted, evening the score late in the third with Owen Sound on Saturday and getting the shootout victory followed by an OT win this afternoon over Erie after the Otters had tied the game.

On the other hand, if we're grinding out wins against teams like Owen Sound and Erie, what is it going to look like when we're locked in a playoff battle with Plymouth to win the West? They're certainly not Owen Sound or Erie. I'm hoping the return of Knight and Harrington will be a big boost to the lineup. Thoughts?
I agree it is a little worrisome (sp?) that we're in so tough against teams at the bottom of the standings (and losing to some in the case of kingston) but this has been a London trait for years! for some reason we always seem to struggle with teams we should blow out of the water, then the next game easily handle a top team, one thing that could be said for it is that when teams play the first place team they always bring their "A" game, everyone wants to knock off the best, and in the case of these last few games there were other factors that play in,

Kingston had the "Bobkov" factor, I goalie that was supposed to be our future that never really proved himself in a knights uniform and came back to the JLC and played the game of his life (or 2nd best game if you count last years wjc) London outshot them 50-22

Every Owen Sound game has been rough this year, That goes back to the playoffs last year and is quickly becoming a huge rivalry, London has Rivalries with Windsor, Sarnia and Kitchener already, but to Owen Sound London seems to be enemy #1 especially after Domi took out Garvus so that being close was no surprise

The Otters Game saw 5 Players facing their old club for the first time since the trade deadline, you knew that Foxy and Donnay would be playing tough, and I am sure the whole otter team wanted to beat McKegg

That being said, those are really not good excuses London should have been able to handle these teams easily for a team that I am 99% sure will be back at #1 in the CHL this week after losses by Tri-city, Plymouth and Shawinigan they were way too close for comfort, they have been finding ways to win but in the game today for example they just arent holding their own in front of the net and missing out on slapping in some big rebounds, I counted 7 times in the first 15 mins of todays game that if they had a player in front there would have been an empty net in front of them.

Like you said, hopefully Knight and Harrington are back sooner then later and they can get the lines set a little better and start gelling, They are going to need to tighten up to be a mem cup contender.

1 note on your mention of Plymouth in the playoffs, I am worried about them but honestly Kitchener scares the crap out of me, I have not liked how London has played against them at all this year! hopefully that all changes come wed. though

Rubbers29 is offline   Reply With Quote