View Single Post
Old
01-22-2012, 10:53 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Seems like you bring up Simmonds in every thread. Like others have said if he was still a king he would be an offensive mess like everyone else. I'm also starting to think you would rather see the kings fight than get W's.
I want Simmonds back too. I don't want the trade reversed, but I'd welcome him back. Even if his totals were cut in half he'd still be scoring better than Penner and the entire bottom six outside of Stoll. In fact, with even half his current totals, he'd have more points than Lewis, Richardson, Westgarth and Fraser combined. Not to mention he'd add some nice size to the botom six and we could get rid of one of Lewis/Richardson/Fraser/Hunter.

If we could flip Martinez and a pick or someone like Lewis to get Simmonds back, sign me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
That'd be quite a dump

Carter:$5,272,727 cap hit for the next 10 years
At the trade deadline, his salary would be 1/6th for the rest of the year, or about $868,000. We could fit that in pretty easy this year. And next year Penner is off the books, which almost cancels out his salary in itself. The other $727K per year could be offset by letting Hunter go, or even a possible increase in the salary cap. It's really not an issue now. It might be long term when Quick's contract extension kicks in but not an issue next year. I'd be much more in favor of Carter than Nash whose contract is $2 million larger and not as long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
If the Kings could score and play like the Red Wings I wouldn't be talking about it. I am just pointing out that if you can't score, then play with some grit and passion...they can barely do that.
I'm sorry, but the Kings do play with grit. They may not drop the gloves, but to me grit is willing to battle for lose pucks, go to the dirty areas and all the little things that require you to pay the price to win. They are doing that more now than before during the TM days.