View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 12:02 AM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Well, looking at the concrete facts I don't know how anyone can come to a conclusion other than "Bryz is having a horrendous season." You don't need to use emotion to come to that conclusion.
I would never argue he isn't having a bad season. I think his stats alone don't tell the whole story because he has let in an inordinate amount of deflection goals (that I feel are just...tough), he's seemed rattled, he gets off of his game easily, and he hasn't made the big saves when needed.

With that said, against Minny and NJ I saw improvement. Not statistically alone, but mentally. I'm not one of those stats guys, I really don't think they paint an accurate pictures. I also feel the D plays worse around him for some odd reason. Bryz needs to be better, I'm not arguing that. Overall, he's been bad. Screw it, here are my points:

-He's been better the past 3 games. Yea he didn't shut down Boston, but they're the best team in the league and I don't blame a majority of the goals on him. Goal 5, all on him. But the D let him down, and some goals I just don't feel he had a shot. I don't think he played bad against Boston, just not good enough.
-I'm tired of seeing this crap about the team being not good enough. They're having problems, but I will go on the record saying they could pull it together, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Flyers won it all honestly. They're not playing their best hockey right now. But they're dead in the heat in the race, and they're far from just an nonthreatening team.

People are too negative on here. Bryz is currently under a microscope (for good reason), and I just feel it's not letting people see good performances and improvements.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote