View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 10:20 AM
funky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxo View Post
I read ya man! Agreed the offense need a boost! And Carter is a hell of a player. Were Flyers-West right!!! With his favorable contract and great play it would take some serious chips in a trade.

But JMFJ should be untouchable. Great physical presence on defense with great offensive ability.
I agree JJ is valuable and would be a loss but:

Carter is a year older then JJ, has a cap hit of only a million more but has already put up three 30 goal seasons. (Averaged 36 goals a year over the last 4).

He adds the speed we desperatly lack, has a lazer shot and a shoot first mentality, and would compliment Kopitar.

In the wings and on the present roster we have Voynov, Martinez, Muzzin and even Hickey who need playing time and are stunted due to depth.

I would love to land Carter for JJ and Bernier then try to land MPS from Edmonton. In a year or two with the youngin's all grown up, this team would be nasty.

I should point out I think once MPS fills out, with his speed and size he will be another player that backs ofdf defence for our big guys to have more room to work.