Old
01-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
34 games left to play
3 teams to catch up
8 points behind
2-1-2 in the last 5 games

It is a tough road ahead but it is doable. One thing is sure though: now is definitely not a good time to be in a buying mode. All our moves must include youth (prospect or pick) coming our way.

-----------------------

Without sacrificing the future:

We need a PP – help can come from within: as underlined by ECWHSWI in another thread, Weber currently ranks 5th (tie with 5 other Ds) in the NHL for PP goals by a D => increased TOI to Weber and/or try Emelin at the point. It won't be enough to turn thing around but Weber – Kaberle at the point would be a small step in the right direction.

We need a replacement for Gionta to play alongside Plekanec – unless Gauthier can pull another Cammalleri (same contribution right now, cap space, a good pick and a prospect... for an overpriced pouting smurf!), I would be comfortable with Palushaj or Leblanc. Moen, Darche and Blunden are not top 6 material => Pacioretty – Plekanec – Palushaj, Bourque with Desharnais and Cole.

We also need an experienced, punishing stay at home D; a more aggressive version of Gill with some skating ability. Alex Henry is slower than Gill so, on this one, the Canadiens need outside help. I hope for something similar to (Andy Sutton + 4th round pick) for Diaz. I like Diaz but I don't want him and Weber in the line-up at the same time.

Go Habs!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote