View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
You're viewing this through a (free) TV/streaming lens. There's a pay per event live lens you're completely missing the context on.

Most folks (not all) complaining loudest on here aren't folks who are watching the Kings for free on television. They've paid for tickets and are getting tired of going to games where the team is boring as sin or doesn't show up. Those who do pay for tickets aren't paying to watch a boring/frustrating team. They're paying to be entertained.

When this team is playing well, they are highly entertaining, but those games have been few and far between this season, so the complaints roll in.

I watched the Colorado game on TV. I would have been complaining a hell of a lot louder if I had actually paid to watch that game live. That said, some of the complaints and sweeping statements after a loss go completely overboard, but it's somewhat understandable given this entire season has been a disappointment in terms of expectations vs. reality.
I would say you are probably right in regard to fans going to the games, but there are sure a lot watching the game on TV that are complaining as well.

For myself, I am enjoying the season overall. It is very entertaining to attend the games, even if they aren't playing particularly well. The "lack of effort" games (e.g., Colorado, Columbus) don't sit well with me, but I feel more sorry for those fans for which those are their first games or only game of the season.

I understand over an 82-game schedule there are going to be some real stinkers, so complaining is kind of a waste of time, really...but the players really should bring their A+ effort every game, if nothing else, for the fans' sake.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote