View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Near the end of the game as I was carrying the puck over the offensive blue line I was hit with a very high stick and was bleeding heavily from a cut on my cheek. I was sent for stitches right away. Getting stitches at the rink is not a new experience for me. However, this time it was unique. The doctor cleaned me up and as he got ready to put the first stitch in I asked 'When do you put the freezing in?'

He looked at me with a surprised look on his face and answered, 'We don't use it here. Do they use it in the NHL? I could go find some if you want it.'

I was shocked to discover it was much less painful without the freezing, even when they had to put a couple of stitches on my gums. The next day I had much less swelling then I had expected. Could it be north America has this freezing idea all wrong? Has anyone else had this experience before of getting stitches without the freezing? Can some doctors comment?

3 days since I got cut and I am convinced that no freezing is the way to go. Swelling is gone and cut looks very good. Time for Canadians to suck it up!

Not the same, but interesting to know.
Who is this quote from?

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote