View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 12:38 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Are we really pining over Smyth and Handzus considering we were 25th in the league in goals last year?

While I agree that net presence is part of the problem, it's not any larger of a problem the the laundry list of other things Face Wash listed.
Not really pining the lose of those two, but pointing out that both of them did it and the offense wasn't THIS bad. Smyth is old and good for half a season at best and is a defensive liability, Handzus is slower than a zamboni getting up and down the ice, but both of them would park themselves in front of net and that is something the Kings need badly. Not those two per se, but players that have that knack are what is needed right now.

Face Wash is right in that it's not one thing specifically, but I'd be curious to hear your opinion on how to fix those things? I'd like to see the forwards freed from some of the burden on the defensive end to generate quicker breakouts and for Sutter to do a better job of catering to the players on a line than he has (at least he seems better than Murray but not much.)

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote