View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 01:40 PM
mbeam

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I think when you are up 8-0 with a minute to go and the other team has only managed 4 shots on goal I don't think there's a reason to keep trying to score with the fear that the other team may "get back into it".

Funny thing last night is with about 30 seconds to go my team managed to clear the puck and I yelled out to the bench to see if they wanted me to come up. There was an audible laugh from everyone on the ice, including the officials and both benches.
No, obviously 8-0 with 4 shots against you don't need to worry about that . I was thinking more along the lines if it was 5 or 6-0 and it could easily be 10-0 but your team held up a bit. A 5-1 or 5-2 score seems a lot more competitive then and you might run the risk if the league not knowing how to properly realign either team. In the league I play in we have two realignments a year (more under special circumstances) and I know for a fact that the league doesn't watch the games but just relies on the score to determine who goes where. The worst teams aren't the ones who run up the score - they're the ones who sandbag it to stay in a lower division and win the championship.

mbeam is offline   Reply With Quote