View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 03:19 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Losing Handzus, Smyth and Simmonds was bad for the system Terry Murray was running so when the Kings tried to run the same system with smaller players, they were getting even worse results. The offense went from bad to worse. I don't think a net presence is the solution to the problem. The problem is much bigger than that. You need personnel who can score and a system that embraces a faster pace and more emphasis on scoring and offensive creativity. I don't even know who the top offense is in the league is but I doubt they are scoring a lot because they have somebody screening the goalie at all times. Sometimes? Maybe. But my guess is the best offensive teams in the league have superior offensive talent than the Kings and there is more of an emphasis on offense in their system.
Boston. And that's pretty much exactly how they score most of their goals... Top notch defense and the very definition of crash the net smash mouth hockey. Similar thing with Philadelphia as well. Then you get into the puck possession teams and high end skill teams in Chicago, Vancouver, and Detroit.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote