View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 03:41 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
From my experience, water on the ice (say jumping on the ice to warm up RIGHT after the zamboni gets off) stops the puck dead in it's tracks, it doesn't make it slide more, like in the video (although that may depend on HOW MUCH water it is. The stop dead in its tracks, only "big puddles" come to mind). Considering Read went left then was planning to go right and it kept sliding very fast in the Youtube video, kind of makes me wonder if the squirt of water had any effect. What could have affected it is that the zamboni's resurface that "lane" in the center for the shootout. Considering he was just playing on ice in OT that was beat for 25 minutes, it's possible he just lost it in the transition from torn up to fresh ice. Just a thought though. From the amount he squirted I don't know how much affect it would have on it.

Also looks like he squirted it inside the crease at the top area. Thomas slid along that on the save attempt (pads down), and it looks like Read lost it before the crease anyway. I don't think it had any affect on it.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote