View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 03:46 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

vCash: 500
Horton Diagnosed With a Mild Concussion

Every angle I have seen it looks like a clean hit.

Blindside? Yes.
Head? No.
Little late? Eh.

Either way should be an interesting fuel to the Flyer VS Bruins rivalry that has exploded since we embarrassed them in the 2010 playoffs.

MOD EDIT:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruin...ild-concussion

Quote:
“I don’t have an official update other than I think it’s a mild concussion from what I heard and what I saw last night,” Chiarelli said. “I talked to him again today and these things are day-to-day. It may not be, there’s that gray area between when you take your impact tests and you see how it is the next day, the following day and then you make that determination. He’s in that gray area.”

Early in the second period of Sunday’s shootout victory over Philadelphia, Flyers forward Tom Sestito came in with a high hit on Horton. Horton stayed in the game for the rest of the period but sat out the third.

Horton, of course, suffered a severe concussion in Game 3 of last year's Stanley Cup finals and missed the rest of the series. He struggled at the beginning of this season and admitted that effects of the concussion may have been partly to blame.
January 25 Boston Herald

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...64&format=text

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Forty-six games into the season, Bruins [team stats] winger Nathan Horton had not missed a single game — despite returning from a devastating concussion suffered in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals last June.

It was an injury that made it impossible for Horton to do his normal offseason routine. Yet he was one of just six B’s who’d played every game.

Last night, Horton finally sat out, still feeling the effects of a mild concussion suffered Sunday on a hit from the Flyers’ Tom Sestito — an unpenalized hit that was looked at by the league, but not deemed worthy of a suspension.

“He’s doing as good as he can for a guy with a mild concussion,” Bruins coach Claude Julien said before his team dropped a mistake-filled 5-3 decision to the Capitals. “He didn’t skate (yesterday). He’s still suffering from mild headaches. Concussions, as we’ve always talked about, are day-to-day. Hopefully by the end of this five-day (All-Star) break we’ll have the news we want to hear.”

Rich Peverley moved up into Horton’s right wing spot on the line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. But Julien did some line juggling, especially after Krejci blocked a shot with his ankle early in the game and missed most of the first period. He returned later and finished the game fine.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-25-2012 at 04:16 PM.
hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote