View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 05:48 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
His production the last 2 1/2 years is at the #1 center level. Not the top 10, Getzlaf Datsyuk Malkin Crosby Toews etc level but the 2nd tier in the 15-25 range.

His biggest problem this year is a lack of #1 calibre wingers. Pacioretty and Cole have been the two best and have been with DD most of the year. Cammalleri had a crappy year and Gionta has been hurt most of the year. AK has played mostly with Eller.
It's funny you mention those centers, Getzlaf, Datsyuk, Malin, Crosby, Toews...I might be wrong, but havent' they all been on Cup winning teams?

Plekanec is very good player, solid at both ends (though you wouldn't know it this year), he's not a great playmaker nor scorer but does both of those things adequately. He's very smart and has a great sense of anticipation. But he's also not a player who commits physically during a hockey game, he tends to disapear when things get rough and his salary is higher than I'd like to see.

As for his performance this year...Plekanec had Cole on his RW to start the year and has had him play there a few times this year without success. He looked awful with Cammy & Kostitsyn as well.

Plekanec has not played well at all this year...not sure how you can say the opposite, and personally, I don't think he was very good last year either.