View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Felonious Python
TyJo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Chiarelli told SI.com that the team had discussed the matter with Thomas in recent months, and that the staunch conservative is expected to explain his reasoning on his Facebook page Monday evening.

In the Bruins’ 2011-12 media guide, Thomas, a Republican, cited conservative TV pundit Glenn Beck as the person he’d most like to have dinner with.
http://www.vancouversun.com/Bruins+T...026/story.html

I'm facepalming because Thomas is just going to look like an idiot. If he made this over an issue he disagreed with the administration on, he could transcend the sport, and become an icon to likeminded people. My gut's telling me it's not for #OccupyWallStreet or something the media will care about.

No one's talked about Kenya in forever now, it'd be classless, but sort of hilarious if that was the reason Thomas didn't go. Or going back to the gold standard. lol

or farm subsidies.

or Daylight Saving Time - Now *that* I could get behind.

Could you imagine how epic it would be if Tim Thomas didn't meet with the President because he thinks the US should abandon DST?

or Metric?

It's also good that we passed on him, as we're going to be on a first-name basis with the President in the coming years.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 01-23-2012 at 05:24 PM.