View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 05:53 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
If Clutterbuck was available for young defenseman, you have to believe Dean Lombardi would give you guys a call. We have quite a few young puck moving dman that could be moved. Right now, we have three that look to be a part of our core and most likely none will be moved for the foreseeable future and they are Doughty, Johnson, and Voynov.

Martinez has shown he is more than capable of being a top 4, puck mover who is average in his own zone and ever improving. He's young and not playing any games right now due to no room and he deserves ice time but won't get it here. A deal centered around Martinez and picks for Clutterbuck would be nice.

If Brodziak could play wing, I would love to get him too/instead of Clutter since I doubt he'd be traded
Martinez would be an ideal addition to our club. We lack speed and puck movement, and you can tell those are the assets we desire because we drafted Jonas Brodin 10th overall last year.

However, I don't see Clutterbuck being moved for him, we'd probably only move Cal in a package like the Kings did with Simmonds. And with where we are, both standings and lack of depth at center, I doubt we'd trade Brodziak off as a rental, though Martinez would be an ideal return.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote