View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Lightsol

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddGillForever View Post
But I particularly don't get the love for Schenn and Phaneuf. Schenn is revealing every night that his ceiling is a #5 d-man. He's slow, not wildly smart, and not the kind of guy you can rely on to shut down the opposition or even log lots of minutes. Dumping him now would be very astute.

Phaneuf just pretty much sucks. He's dumb. He's incredibly overpaid. He's got a crap shot that's incredibly wild. He's prone to terrible passes and pinching at bad times. That said, Burke loves him because his presence adds to his mystique. As long as Phaneuf's in Toronto, morons will continue to rave about that trade as the Gilmour Trade Part II, where brilliant Burke fleeced the Flames.

Didn't happen. Aulie is horrible. Phaneuf really is the most overrated player in the league. I'd love to reverse that trade just to get back Ian White, who's playing great in Detroit and may become a long-term fixture there.
I dunno. I'm thinking someone dropping comments about bad defensemen wouldn't have a username referring to one of the most bone-headed, prone-to-defensive-gaffe defensemen to ever play for the Leafs...

Lightsol is offline   Reply With Quote