View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Plekanec is not a #1 center...he'd be an ideal #2 center but at his salary, it's going to be diffiucult to slot him in behind a legit #1 center (unless the Habs draft a #1 center who is cost controlled for a few years).

Scott Gomez IMO, is a non issue...whether he's here or not, the Habs still need a true #1 center.

Also, I never said to 'get rid' of Plekanec...I wouldn't give him away, but i'd certainly look at options for trading him for a package of young roster player + draft pick. Yes, absolutely.

Personally, I'm not really concerned with who will be #1, #2, or #3 center for next year...even if the Habs don't make a single move between now and next year, who will be #1, #2 and #3 is still up for debate.

The Habs don't have a #1 center...they've got 2 #2's (Plekanec & Desharnais) and an emerging and ever improving #3 (Elller).
At 5 million its not difficult to slot him in as a #2 salary on a 64 million dollar salary cap. Thats foolish.

The fact that a 7.35 million dollar gomez is on our roster, and we have a 5.75 million dollar d man who isn't playing, and still have plenty of cap room, should be proof of that.