Thread: Salary Cap: James Neal's next contract
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 07:29 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

vCash: 500
Yeah... I feel like ~5 million is about right. Hopefully for some term, too. And, if you're Shero, you don't even flinch or second guess signing off on that deal. Neal is going to be a productive player for this team for some time, I hope. I know a lot of people are a little taken aback at his production but, really... this is simply what happens when the GM actually goes out and gets the right kind of complimentary player for the team's two big guns. Easily my favorite trade by Shero... and I'm a huge Goose fan, too.

Not to toot my own horn but I remember saying in a "Neal expectations" thread in the offseason that he'd be a near lock as a 30-40 goal player for the Penguins this season, health permitting. He was a guy I kind of followed a little bit while he was in Dallas and I could just tell he would be a great fit between one (or both) of the team's superstars. Most said I was being extremely unrealistic, though. And I suppose that's fair based on how slow of a start he had with the team.

BlindWillyMcHurt is offline   Reply With Quote