View Single Post
01-23-2012, 09:59 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Gino 14 View Post
If fit is the first step, how is it the wrong order? A lot of folks on here that buy skates have no idea that the geometry of the skates changes by manufacturer. It was only something to consider. Even getting a pair of skates that fit well but don't allow you to skate the way you did are no more a good skate than ones that don't fit.
You mentioned that skaters should stick with the same brand/geometry and THEN look for fit. That is also incorrect and I only noticed this now. The fit of different brands WITHIN BRANDS have changed over time. The CCM Tacks of 10 years ago aren't the same 'geometry' as the CCM Vector series, U+ Pro series or even U+CL series. They've all changed. Same with Bauer Supreme of yesteryear and now and Reebok as well.

If you have a pair of new correctly fitted skates, there inevitably will have to be an adjustment period. You cannot expect a decade-old pair of leather constructed Tacks to feel the same as a new pair of correctly fitted skates with stiffer and lighter materials. Skating is skating and if you cannot skate with an old pair, you can't skate with a new one.

I can't tell you how many adult players who've been in the game longer than most of us have appreciated a pair of fitted skates over what they used to have. Skates nowadays are so much more able to be fitted to ones foot presuming that the have the right boot to start. Things like baking, stretching, punching and especially the inner materials have drastically cut down on the amount of break-in time required; it's non-comparable.

I stress the fact that fit is absolutely the most critical aspect, you might as well forget what you know about skates and rely on what fits your foot the best. The skating follows naturally

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote