View Single Post
Old
01-23-2012, 09:53 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
I characterize his statement as contradictory more than anything although I do agree both parties have and continue to contribute to the problem but his Big Gov't characterization sounds Tea Partyish or Paulist to me and it's a bit too ideological for my taste and also not entirely accurate IMO.....

But whatever...he's entitled to his views and if he feels that strongly about them then he's trying to be true to his convictions which I can't completely knock. I understand why he did what he did but don't agree with it given that the visit was meant for the country to honor the team ....and the president for all his flaws (like those before him) represents the country. He must really hate the dude though...
I don't know if I'd want to visit the President after winning a championship regardless of which political party he was from. The two party system, thanks partially to the media and big business that fund it, has become gigantic joke that just promotes more and more extremism. The Presidential election is proving no more important than the Super Bowl; the ones purchasing advertisement slots are the real winners.

Still, if my teammates were going to get praised, I'd go for them regardless of how I felt about the situation.

That doesn't mean Thomas has to agree with my reasoning on the subject.

I mean after all, it's a free(-ish) country.