View Single Post
Old
01-24-2012, 12:55 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I'm not a fan of sensationalist journalism. I'm not a fan of those who catter to emotions instead of reason. I don't like articles by journalists who try to play armchair GM and tell the people in charge what to do. I hate fans who do the same thing and think they know better. I don't mind speculation. I don't mind those who are clearly only giving their outlook on the situation and know they don't know it all.

But there's one thing that bug me more than anything: people who blame the media for this team being crap. That is surreal to me. Nobody asked Gauthier and Molson to trade Cammalleri. Nobody asked them to fire JM. If they're too chicken**** to stand up for themselves and take decisions on facts that they know (because they know much, much more than anyone covering the team), then they're clueless and they shouldn't run a franchise. I'm not saying they made those moves based on the public's reaction or because of journalists. But if they did, they shouldn't be running an NHL franchise, especially not this one.

Yes, this team is covered. Too much. Journalists are, for the most part, drama queens. The darkest day in Habs' history happens every other day it seems. But at the end of the day, if Patrice Brisebois can come back and play for us again, I'd like to think that the true impact of journalists on this team is minimal.

It's one thing we have to deal with here in Montréal. But that comes with a passionate crowd. An amazing atmosphere at the Bell Center. A huge amount of coverage for those who want to know what's going on with the team. A large pool of population with whom you can discuss the team with.

That's way better than having to worry how many more years you'll be able to support the team. That's way better than having an arena that's half empty and that cannot get a chant started. That's way better than watching a team that has a budget so low, they're more worried about reaching the cap floor than respecting the salary cap.

Stop excusing this team's performances by shifting the blame on something so ridiculous. Gainey stood up for his players publicly when needed. Gauthier, meanwhile, came out and promised he would can the coach at the end of the season.

Have some balls. It's part of the job. It's part of the market.
Good post dude. PG: Run the damn team and stop worrying about the media queens who never scored a goal in their life, gave a hit, took a hit, or knew bench panic when the game is not going well.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote